The ask from the business was to create a responsive web app for Telefónica employees in the UK. This app was for recognising colleagues who exhibited business-specific behaviours and going above and beyond.
- I began by researching best practices based on similar solutions across a variety of businesses.
- During the project, I worked in an iterative, agile manner with the development team, client and user test group, to ensure the best results.
- I evaluated the feasibility of the proposed solution with developers, making sure to set expectations and to understand the requirements and technical capabilities Telefónica have.
- I created detailed prototypes to produce user interface specifications and to allow demonstration of the experience to stakeholders as required.
- I then created the visual design, with a strong consideration for user experience and standard design guidelines.
- We built an easy-to-use web app that was adopted quickly by the Telefónica employees to recognise and thank colleagues for their hard work.
- Users can upload pictures and videos, comment, share and like the ‘thank yous’ their colleagues receive.
- The site is accessible on desktop and mobile devices, to allow users to access it simply and smoothly from anywhere.
- The web app works in their internal social network (Yammer), so we didn’t need new platforms or logins.
- It also saved time and money in development because no new platform or logins had to be made.
- The tool was extended in purpose to encourage nominations for the company’s annual awards.
- Immediate high adoption with over 4,000 users in the UK alone and has been used year on year.